Burner Jellyfish

Burner Jellyfish
art by danielle boodoo fortune'

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Quiet

Quiet


I am quiet.
But here is my secret:
When immersed in sunshine
I rush upward in a blooming burst of colour
I am shaped like bright freedom
There are wild songs in me.

I am quiet
But I smell like defiance
And my hands leak lightning.
There is a tree growing in my belly
That bears ripe, wet stars.
Its sap clings to my skin.

I am quiet
But there is an ocean in me
That roars louder than this poem.

2 comments:

  1. I love this. There are depths beyond many people's faces that are sometimes hinted at but rarely seen. Lovely poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work. Would you like to rent a bungalow by the ocean and write together? (I'm not a stalker you affectionately (I think) know me as Tris.

    ReplyDelete